- MAKING BACKYARD STRUCTURES FOCAL POINTS
Some structures in the garden, for example, walls, sheds, pool, pool equipment boxes, are very important. Because you will see these things every day, why not make them beautiful?
If yes, try these creative ideas:
- Use salvaged materials like antique iron and rough barn wood gates in order to create a rustic pool house.
- Reuse an existing structure such as an old stable to make an outdoor dining pavilion.
- Take inspiration from the garden of anyone else by mimicking its design or using materials.
- Use a kit to build the garden structure you like.
- INCLUDING PRIVATE PLACES
A small private place within a large garden seems like a getaway. It is more and more popular to create such a perfect space to read, meditate, or relax because finding ways to decompress has become a priority for people. Whether you need a spa to pamper yourself after a long working day or you’d like to create an outdoor yoga room with the quiet surroundings necessary for meditation, the garden is a great place to unwind.
These are easy ways to create a private place for yourself:
- Provide just enough space for two.
- Surround the space with lush plants.
- Include a simple water feature.
- Use tall narrow plants as a privacy screen.
- Build a wall to separate this space from the rest of the garden.
- Use neutral color palette to evoke a sense of calm.
- CREATING A NOTABLE FIRST IMPRESSION
It is necessary to create a sense of joy for you whenever you return home. Many people have found creative ways to make an impactful entrance for their houses. And here are some ideas to try in yours:
- Include plants and flowers along the entry pathway.
- Adding seasonal containers.
- Installing lighting to make the entry pathway dramatic and easy to navigate.
- Putting plants between stones and in crevices within walkways to add interest.